9.02.2009

i can hold my breath longer than you.

When I was newly born, my mom took me to a swim class for infants. What does that involve? Breathing in your month-old baby's face so that they close their eyes and then dunking them in the pool. At the final session of class I was actually tossed off a diving board-- for real.

I was supposed to be a swimming prodigy, but I never actually took lessons; until now.

At my "Swimming for Non-swimmers" class on Wednesday I won the breath holding contest. I even beat the teacher. I had to be tapped on the shoulder and told that I won because I wasn't even close to giving up.
I may be a prodigy yet.

After I informed Jared about my good news, he informed me about this:Brigham, I propose a duel; but it has to be underwater.

7 comments:

Aubrey and Jardan said...

One time I saw David Blaine on Oprah and he held his breath for 17 minutes! He can be your role model. Good job on beating your teacher :)

MikeAlger said...

Can you seriously beat him? I didn't make it to 2 minutes I don't think. For sure underwater is the only guaranteed test.

Whittron said...

this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen, how are we supposed to know he is not breathing?

laura said...

like i was saying, underwater is the only way.

Brigham said...

You're supposed to know, Whitney Joy (if that is your real name), because I was not put on this earth to fill it with lies but with awesomeness.

Laura, I'm game and love the spirit you're bringing here, but before you get in the pool with me first make sure you can swim 50yrds underwater on one breath.

MiriamR said...

Wow I am impressed by both of you! I would love to see this contest. Make sure you record it and post it!

Miriam said...

Go Lars!